How do you experience with Outremont culture?
Thank you for participating in the consultation activities for Outremont’s Cultural Development Plan
Process of Outremont’s Cultural Development Plan
Summer 2020 — Drafting of the cultural portrait
September 10 to November 29 – Consultation and focus groups
Winter 2021 — Drafting of the Cultural Development Plan
Spring 2021 — Adoption and launch
What is a cultural development plan?
A cultural development plan is a tool that enhances the cultural dimension of the territory and unites the public around priorities to be implemented for a shared vision of the borough’s cultural life. It is a public gesture of recognition of the importance of culture in a community’s development.
Who leads the consultation process?
The Outremont borough is partnering with ARTENSO, an NPO specialized in cultural mediation, and Votepour.ca, an NPO specialized in citizen participation, to set up digital public consultations. Three types of consultations are proposed
Discover Outremont’s 2020 cultural portrait
Retour en français
Thank you for your participation in this consultation aimed at enhancing your future Cultural Development Plan!
The borough of Outremont is embarking on a process of creating a Cultural Development Plan that will guide its cultural actions for the coming five years. After having updated its cultural portrait and identified its main challenges and opportunities, the borough is now initiating this public consultation.
The process leading to the adoption of the borough’s Cultural Development Plan is based on five guiding principles:
- The importance of a public consultation process to encourage citizens’ engagement and active involvement in the borough’s cultural development.
- Culture as a public asset and an essential factor in community life.
- The role of culture as a lever of social, economic and territorial development.
- Each and everyone’s access to, participation in and contribution to the community’s cultural life.
- The borough’s renewed engagement.